POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
LOCATION: Park City
The Staff Accountant will ensure the integrity and accuracy of our financial statements through activity analysis and account reconciliations. They will also prepare and consolidate balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, as needed for all of Backcountry’s websites and subsidiaries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare general ledger entries, maintain records and files; reconcile accounts.
- Identify, research, and explain variances between actual and forecasted performance
- Substantiate financial transactions; audit documents and prepare account roll-forwards
- Use external statements to reconcile bank accounts, commercial cards and other payments.
- Reconcile revenue/cash cycle for organization with multi-faceted customer payment channels.
- Work with business owners and AP department to prepare accounting accruals
- Analyze information and options; seek efficiencies to improve monthly processes
- Utilize reports from multiple internal systems to collect and interpret data
- Answer accounting and financial questions through research and data analysis
- Implement accounting procedures and internal controls by analyzing current practices; recommend improvements
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Master's degree preferred
- 0-3 years accounting experience, 1 year+ of accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting concepts and principles.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining accuracy of information and attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite skills, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to multitask and balance priorities.
- Knowledge and familiarity of NetSuite and Looker is extremely helpful.