UI Team Lead - e-commerce (Remote)
We're looking for a UI Team Lead to join our e-commerce team here at Backcountry. If you enjoy collaborating with teammates and building confidence and knowledge in those around you, then this may be the team for you!
We need someone to be able to troubleshoot issues, gather requirements, and communicate with external teams.
- Lead one or more product teams who support Backcountry's e-commerce domain.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Design and build modern web applications, and support our internal tools.
- Work closely with our Product and Design teams to develop new products and features.
- Design, spec and estimate tasks to help fit the sprint goals.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure high code quality and set best practices.
- Participate in a full software development life cycle – requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, documentation.
- Provide day-to-day software application support and related technical advice. Observing and monitoring your system in production.
- Coach other team members and help them to grow in their professional careers.
- 7+ years of professional experience.
- Proficient with Scrum Agile methodologies.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of ReactJS, NodeJS.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Knowledge of different architectural styles, e.g. REST, event-driven, message-driven, micro-services, etc.
- Relational Databases and SQL Queries.
- NoSQL / Document Oriented Databases.
- Deployment Best Practices, CI/CD.
- Logging, Monitoring, Alerting Best Practices.
- Linux Command Line.
- Functional Programming
- Spring Framework
- Spring Boot
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.