Shop Technician (Bike & Ski)
Geek out with customers in the retail store by sharing your insane, expert, gear knowledge. In addition to providing smashing service and sales, you’ll be the face of the bike shop to our customers. You will be responsible for assisting customers with bike services/builds/etc, as well as managing the ski mounting & boot fitting services in the retail store.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Assist in managing the bike workflow and own the retail store customer experience
- Responsible for owning tech/build related process in shop start to finish including communication with customer on updates and deadline
- Main contact and technician for all ski binding mounts and ski boot fitting services
- Explain store operations face to face to customer, cart process, and help at checkout on high traffic days
- Help customers choose the best gear for their needs, including but not limited to any technical knowledge about bikes and skis
- Represent Backcountry.com’s core values through caring intensely about our customers, encouraging outdoor participation and inspiring others
- Solve all problems with a customer-first mentality and out of the box thinking when required
- Willingness to aid other departments in the fulfillment center during times of high volumes
- Technical bike and ski knowledge
- Ability to fully build/service a bike
- Skills necessary to mount skis and fit boots
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six months’ service experience in any industry
- Solid skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Exchange etc.)
- Strong Communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Strong ability to multitask
- Proactive mindset and creative problem solving skills
- Strong Time Management ability
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.