Private Label Hard Parts Buyer, Powersports
The Private Label Hard Parts Buyer is responsible for the development of products with domestic and overseas partners to select, negotiate and procure products for our private label brands. They will oversee the product throughout the entire supply chain all the way to retail sales and ensure we meet brand standards and deliver only the highest quality parts and tools consistent with each brand's positioning and style guides. Responsible for managing the product life cycle timelines to drive profitable brand growth and ensure we meet the needs of customer demands through timely delivery of relevant products. This position will work closely with the marketing team to bring products to market in a timely manner and in alignment with our brand guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive the strategic growth of assigned brands and categories through product development, profitable assortment buys, and effective marketing
- Establish financial plans and create style level assortment plans to drive sku productivity and accountable for delivering on revenue and gross margin goals of assigned brands and categories
- Creation of new product offerings and management of current assortment
- Maintaining proper brand quality, position and marketing strategy
- Responsible for sourcing product from reputable industry manufacturers and suppliers, working directly with manufacturers to build mutually beneficial relationships and opportunities
- Negotiating cost and development pricing for products to meet target margins and retail price points
- Communicating product offerings to all internal departments
- Create, manage, and track purchase orders in ERP system to ensure on-time delivery, overseeing transport of goods from manufacturers to warehouse locations
- Coordinate product design efforts with external partners, internal segment owner(s), and brand creative
- Help develop and maintain product standards and play an active role in the review of product design and development
- Coordinate and drive “co-lab” development with key third party brands
- Coordinate product review sessions with Gearheads to ensure there is a constant feedback loop
- Identify product issues and corrective actions with the factories
- Create product sales copy, and work with the photography team to take photos for the website
- Works with the merchant group to determine areas of opportunity
- Works with the marketing group to help create content that drives sales
- Create and maintain detailed reports on key performance indicators.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- +5 years of experience in Merchandising with deep understanding of Design, Development, Sourcing, and Manufacturing of motorcycle parts, accessories and tools
- Experience in powersports product development, retail or ecommerce
- Experience building and executing assortment buy plans
- Strong working knowledge of the product development process
- Working knowledge of material development, sourcing, costing, lead times and import duties/HTS codes
- Proven ability to identify customer base / brand ethos and select relevant products.
- Willingness to travel to trade shows, vendors, and manufacturing partners including international travel.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Highly analytical with a proven understanding of merchandising and financial math
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Team player who will thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Must be self-driven and have excellent time management skills as this is a fairly independent role
MotoSport.com is more than a powersports company. We are a gathering of power sports devotees who ride and wrench like there’s no tomorrow… just like our customers. Because we‘re living the moto life, we make sure that we have the right parts and gear for you – whoever you are. But we wouldn’t be that different from the other guys if we just had a ton of stuff, would we? So we’ll do you one better: here at MotoSport.com we have a wealth of expert knowledge that comes from experience. That means our customers get the right parts and gear every time, and we go above and beyond to get it there in time. At the end of it all, we strive to make people (who aren’t that different from us) happy and satisfied… after all, we know what it’s like to be passionate about powersports, so who better to bring that enthusiasm to life than MotoSport?
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. MotoSport employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.