Junior Recruiter - Retail
We’re looking for a Junior Retail Recruiter who is ambitious, organized, intellectually curious and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The Junior Recruiter works directly with our Retail Talent partner through the full-cycle recruiting process for all our stores. The Talent Acquisition team drives the hiring process forward and owns the candidate management process. Individuals in this role have opportunities to build relationships with stakeholders within Backcountry’s business and work on projects within the People team. The ideal candidate has a positive can-do attitude and has a passion for connecting people to their passions. This position is specific to our Retail area of the business that is growing exponentially and we are looking for someone with Retail experience to support the team and hire the right talent for our stores.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and manage communication between candidates and talent partners
- Maintain interview and hiring records in ATS
- Adhere to laws, rules and regulations
- Adhere to personal data privacy regulations
- Prepare progress reports on a weekly and monthly basis for the business
- Help the hiring team with recruiting methods and interview questions
- Contact new employees and prepare onboarding sessions
- Support the Talent Acquisition team with upcoming events and projects
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 1 + years of Retail experience preferred
- 1+ years of recruiting experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Familiarity with social media, LinkedIn, and ATS systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Hands on experience with various selection processes like phone interviews and reference checks
- Ability to conduct different types of interviews (e.g. structured, competency based and behavioral)
- BS degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology or relevant field
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account