Merchandise Division Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Merchandise Division Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Merchants
BUSINESS/COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Soft Goods, Hard Goods
LOCATION: Park City
Ever dream about becoming a Buyer? The Merchandise Division Coordinator position is an entry level role and a great opportunity to support our Backcountry buyers, who are responsible for curating a best-in-class assortment and achieving the financial goals within their Merchandise Division (MD). If you want a fast-paced work environment with the opportunity to buy the gear you love, this could be your job!
About the Job
- Sku Creation:
- Assist merchants with sku creation process by vetting vendor data and adding additional inputs.
- Manage the manipulation and uploading of vendor product data. Ability to adhere to uniform style guidelines.
- Communicate and interface with vendors to reconcile data issues.
- Verify new skus are entered in correct categories.
- Ensure size scales are accurate.
- PO Creation and Management
- Split and allocate worksheets into Purchase Orders so that receipts balance inventory performance with sales objectives.
- Submit Purchase orders to Manufacturers.
- Manage, request, and execute on all Purchase Order Confirmations from the Manufacturer.
- Manage the Manufacturer Past due balance by updating expected arrival dates within the PO System.
- Reconcile all Manufacturer Cancellations.
- Review and QA functionality for new promotions. When promotions are live, help the team to review and react to performance.
- Log MAP Policies to ensure accurate pricing and promotion information
- 1-2 years of Office experience (Outdoor Industry experience a plus but not required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (high proficiency in Excel a must)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure, prioritizes competing tasks, and schedule time wisely
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account