Temporary Administrative Assistant
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Assistant and Executive Team
- Manage day-to-day business and personal matters for members of the Executive Team
- Responsible for heavy calendar management to include managing conflicts, coordinating complex executive meetings, and managing personal schedules
- Responsible for scheduling on and offsite meetings to include reservations, transportation, travel arrangements, site selection, menu development, material creation and distribution, and resolving any issues prior to or during the meeting.
- Preparation and tracking of purchase orders
- Compile, organize, and report on requested data in various formats to include Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Assist with presentation preparation using PowerPoint
- Prepare documents and manage outgoing and incoming mail and packages
- Expense Reporting
- Participate in meetings as required
- Comfortable being accessible during non-standard office hours
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Three or more years of progressive experience in an Administrative or Executive Assistant role supporting a Director-level position or higher
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Ability to be flexible and work as needed on evenings and weekends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required. Advanced Outlook calendar management skills preferred
- Must be a team player with ability to work with many different personalities successfully
- Must be confident and able to communicate and work successfully with Executives and managers at all levels
- Anticipatory—must be able to plan ahead and identify unforeseen needs
- Adaptability— Embrace change and pivot when changes arise
- Must be self-motivated and not require daily supervision. Must be able to work independently and manage the Executives independently while making decisions using sound judgment
- Must be comfortable performing personal tasks to include scheduling personal appointments, and working with family, if applicable
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion
- Excellent work ethic, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to represent Backcountry with a professional and courteous attitude required
- Must be a creative problem-solver who has the ability to stay calm under pressure, juggle large and competing workloads, and effectively prioritize
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.
Thanks for exploring our careers! For your time and effort, use promo code CAREERS22 for 15% off full-price items in your cart. Some exclusions apply.