Retail Sales Floor Lead
POSITION TITLE: Retail Sales Floor Lead
REPORTS TO: Retail Store Manager & Assistant Store Manager
BUSINESS/COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Gearhead Operations
The Sales Floor Lead helps maintain a profitable store that offers an elevated customer experience. You will work with all members of the Retail Store team to maintain customer service standards from start to finish. You will help with all aspects of order management, inventory accuracy and visual merchandising needs, all while ensuring the store hits metrics for sales and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Place sales orders, process returns, and set up exchanges
● Support customers by helping them select relevant products or answer gear questions
● Close the retail store at designated time and complete associated closing responsibilities
● Help uphold coaching and feedback provided to the team by management
● Set example to retail store gearheads by providing exemplary customer service
● Ensures the retail store is open and ready to receive customers at designated operational hour
● Ability to identify order and inventory issues, and seek the right solution
● Cycle count to maintain the highest level of inventory accuracy
● Maintain cash drawer, spreadsheet and bank deposits
● Assist management with onboarding new staff
● Maintain, organize, and identify inventory needs for floor and window displays
● Assist in store inventory change over process and help the visual merchandiser maintain floor set.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
● Knowledge of the gear we sell
● Proficient with Computers and Software products
● Strong ability to multitask
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills for multiple audiences including employees and customers
● Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
● Working knowledge of MS Office products
• Stand, walk, sit for extended periods.
• Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone.
• Use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports.
• Lift up to 15lbs. Team lift up to 70
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.