The Manager, Fulfillment Finance is responsible for managing the financial planning, forecasting, and reporting activities for the company’s fulfillment people and shipping expenses; including strategic planning, annual operating/budget review, regular projections and forecasts, reporting of key metrics, providing data analytics to support company initiatives, and acting as a key support and contributor to the Finance department. Included in these requirements are: analysis of operational scenarios, interpretation of financial data, providing financial support on business unit initiatives, cost/benefit analyses, NPV/return on investment analyses and development of effective communication to senior management.
This role will also have the responsibility to build and maintain strong processes for collecting, analyzing, and reviewing financial information throughout for Fulfillment teams and for building strong relationships with leaders throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing complete financial support for fulfillment costs and headcount planning, analysis, and reporting
- Provide monthly variance analysis of cost accounts and headcount versus budget and prior year
- Provide financial and analytical support to Fulfillment Leadership
- Partner with the CFO, VP of Fulfillment, and Director of FP&A to standardize processes and drive best practices throughout the organization
- Identify trends and recommend improvements accordingly
- Develop models, KPI’s, financial/operational metrics and processes necessary to support forecasts for key financial statement components
- Conduct analyses & provide commentary to explain financial/operating results to senior management and Board of Directors
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools as well as help to maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data concerning the following but not limited to:
- Shipping trends
- Impact of carrier mix and order values
- Other ad hoc reporting
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- MBA or Bachelor degree in a business related field with equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant FP&A experience
- Previous experience with financial planning and analysis
- Demonstrated and proven financial business acumen
- Proven track record of preparing PowerPoint presentations for senior management and board members
- Strong analytical skills and acute attention to detail and data accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to communicate effectively across functional groups and across varying levels of the organization
- Must have the ability to organize and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with developing analytic dashboard (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.