Fulfillment Center Senior Operations Manager
Fulfillment Center Senior Operations Manager – Job description
The primary responsibility of the Senior Fulfillment Center Operations Manager is managing all aspects of productivity and profitability of a large facility to include: facility budget, operating costs, productivity, quality, staffing, safety, and associate morale. Also accountable for the management and development of the leadership team as well as providing strategic direction and continuous improvement for the facility.
- Be able to successfully lead a team that can deliver a world-class experience for our customers and employees that matches up with our core values.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and peers to ensure we are taking care of our employees and providing a safe, fun, and productive environment.
- Always maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Possess strong financial acumen, develop staffing strategy, maintain staffing plans.
- Be able to clearly communicate expectations to both employees and peers.
- Be able to successfully coordinate with all company levels and develop a strong network of trust and teamwork.
- Be able to review and compile data that will help drive success within the business as well as be able to make decisions and recommendations. Know your numbers.
- Ensure that the building and work environment is safe for all employees daily.
- Perform impactful performance reviews to your direct reports in a timely manner.
- Be deadline driven with a drive to succeed and perform.
- Be able to role-model the company Brand and foster a performance driven culture.
- Create and promote a positive and productive work environment.
- Promote diversity and inclusion for all employees.
- Recruit passionate and promotable people and develop a strong pipeline.
- Be able to problem-solve, collaborate, and strive to show initiative daily to create a successful customer and employee experience.
- Be able to successfully drive performance via Labor Management Standards with an action plan for success.
- Must have open availability and be willing to work around business needs.
- Track record of exemplary leadership experience within supply chain, fulfillment and/or eCom customer facing environment.
- BA or BS in Supply Chain, Business Administration or Communications preferred but not necessary
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can adapt to change as needed.
- Computer skills, including familiarity with the WMS, WCS, WES, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Be able to manage multiple departments and employees successfully with respect for the individual.
- Must be able to apply established procedures and follow oral/written instructions.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.