Brand Manager, MDF
POSITION TITLE: Brand Manager - MDF
REPORTS TO: Director Integrated Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Marketing
LOCATION: Park City
This role will support the development and management of our Marketing Development Fund (MDF) Program. The ideal candidate will have extreme comfort in developing best in class marketing touch points across the business. The MDF Manager will be responsible for daily communication with our best vendor partners with the explicit goal of developing unique and ownable go-to-market plans aimed at increasing awareness and conversion. This position requires a passion for the outdoors space and the brands we support. This role will interact across multiple departments and will require the ability to influence decision making outside of their department. Additionally, this role will partner closely with external vendor partners. A high degree of professionalism and a willingness to work in an autonomous environment where creative thinking and problem solving are a daily occurrence is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Program Development: Drive profitability and vendor satisfaction development of account-specific marketing campaigns inclusive of seasonal plans, proactive and consistent customer communication, business reviews, account documentation, reporting and active issue remediation, etc.
● Selling: Ability to identify growth and development opportunities and a willingness to sell the program to new and existing partners.
● Relationship Building: Establish business relationships with vendor partners to drive scale and program profitability. Display high integrity, trust, honesty and a deep sense of caring for the success of our company, customers, and employees.
● Planning: Organization and extreme attention-to-detail are mandatory for success in this role. Passion for seasonal planning with continuous measurement against achieving agreed upon goals.
● Reporting / Analysis: Experience and comfort using data applications to identify sales trends, report on program metrics, and take meaningful action to drive the business forward.
● Communication: Outstanding written and oral communication clearly defining expectations for all stakeholders including partnership management with both internal and external stakeholders.
● Accountability: Consistent and active management of daily business to drive volume goals and manage budgets. Willingness to work independently and take ownership over program success.
● Execution: Work across the entire organization taking programs from inception to live on site.
● Passion: Knowledge of the outdoor space, including the companies and key stakeholders is highly preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
● A passion for brand development and an ambition to build a unique and differentiated leading brand in the outdoor space
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
● 7+ years experience in a brand marketing, merchandising, or equivalent/relevant role
● A collaborator at heart - this is a cross-functional role requiring partnership with multiple teams across the business
● Ability to juggle multiple projects with ease and perform under pressure with a strong attention to detail
● Data first mindset - a passion for working with wide ranging data sets including financials is required
● A hands on approach where autonomous action paired with a bias for problem solving is in your DNA.
● Strong leadership skills, project management and people management skills
● A unique blend of a customer-centric philosophy, structured and analytical problem solving with creative flair and imagination
● Experience in an online environment