Data Science Intern - Summer 2022
**Applications open until December 3rd. We will start reviewing and reaching out to candidates in early December**
The Data Science Intern will work closely with the data team to design, develop, and test a predictive model. The predictive model will address a business need—this will not be a contrived exercise, but will add business value. In addition, this intern may be asked to assist in the design and development of data pipelines, analysis and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and development of predictive model
- Ability to analyze and report on data
- Design and development of data pipelines
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be a Junior or Senior standing in an undergraduate program
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
- Team Player—friendly and respectful to self and others
- Thoughtful and diligent worker
- Eagerness to learn and tackle new challenges
- Previous experience - This can include course work, in any of the following: engineering, statistics, data analysis, data science
- Strong mathematical or statistical skill set a plus
- Data Stack: BigQuery, Standard SQL, AirFlow—we are primarily using the GCP stack
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn ski track laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.