Seasonal Retail Sales Associate - Gearhead ($17.50/hr)
POSITION TITLE: Retail Gearhead
REPORTS TO: Assistant Retail Manager and Retail Manager
BUSINESS/COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: GHO Retail
Geek out with customers in the retail store by sharing your insane expertise and gear knowledge. In addition to providing smashing service, the customer service representative acts as the face of customer relations for Backcountry.com.
Seasonal Employee Information:
Contract from October 2021 - Mid January 2022
Blackout dates for Time-off:
November 24th - November 30th
December 20th - January 10th
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Place sales orders, process returns, and set up exchanges
● Support customers by helping them select relevant products or answer gear questions
● Cycle count regularly to maintain the highest level of inventory accuracy.
● Maintain and manage cash flow to ensure a high level of accuracy.
● Operate within multiple software systems to ensure the completion of all tasks.
● Assist in maintaining engaging and creative displays to increase sales.
● Helps keep retail store organized, clean, and presentable at all times
● Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
● High School Diploma or equivalent.
● Six-months retail sales experience or as a Customer Solutions Gear Head.
● Strong Communication skills (Verbal and Written).
● Strong ability to multitask.
● Proactive mindset and creative problem solving skills.
● Strong time management ability.
● Ability to type 30+ WPM.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
● The sales associate is regularly required to talk and hear.
● The sales associate must be able to stand and walk throughout the entire shift.
● The sales associate may be required to lift objects that weigh over 50lbs.
● The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. That’s our mantra. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—we aim to give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase down life’s greatest moments. We foster local community in our expanding retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoor environment for all through our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we offer the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a top-notch shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like a crazy-awesome gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office. When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skin track laps are the norm, lunch break MTB rides are our sustenance, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the crag together post work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.