Senior Buyer - Camp Hardgoods
POSITION TITLE: Senior Buyer – Camp Hardgoods
LOCATION: Park City
Senior Buyers at Backcountry.com are responsible for achieving the financial goals of their Merchandise Divisions (MD) and management of the buying and buyers responsible for procuring inventory. We empower you to set and implement a purchase plan which allows us to exceed all financial goals. If you want a fast-paced work environment with the opportunity to buy the gear you love, this could be your job!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assortment Selection: developing strategic direction for categories, pricing, category/brand mix, and seasonal/core selection of inventory for Merchandising Division(s) managed. Drive results through creative and expansive thought in category expansion and development.
- Vendor Negotiations: discounts, terms, pricing policies, promotional periods, MDF funds, PO compliance and issues management, image use, price-matching, and special/exclusive buys. Senior Buyer, with the wider team, policies pricing and solicits closeouts. Works with Directors and Planning on long-term vendor planning. Responsible for new brand onboarding and relationships.
- PO Management: marking catalogs, SKU/PO worksheet creation, Building POs (Qty/Dollar/Style Allocation, Size/Color Breakout), Edit POs, Flash Notes, PO Type (at worksheet creation)
- Promotions: brainstorming/hind-sighting promotion concepts and performance, identifying types of promotions and building calendar with marketing, picking SKUs/links and Rules Pages, reviewing and providing Creative briefs, review, QA and approve functionality, review and react to performance, and identify risks in promotional calendar, build back-ups
- Pricing: Sets Pre-season pricing strategy, sets in-line/in-Season pricing (promo periods, price matching, promotional calendar management), manages end of season price-break dates, communicates all in-season and end of season price breaks to marketing team and is responsible for assignment to the promotional calendar, works with Planning on managing Aged or End of Life Pricing
- Inventory Management: Works with Planning to manage the Open to Buy (OTB), hind sighting SKU/Category performance, establishing Preseason PO Receipt Flow, Preseason inventory allocation, setting in season sell-through targets, pricing strategy for slow movers, moving aged and toxic inventory, closeout inventory, manages Return to Vendor (RTV) and mark-down dollar requests with vendor, and ensures inventory management strategy aligned with Company wide financial goals
- Online Merchandising: oversee the review of color thumbnail displayed on PLP and Search pages, oversees the boosting/sort order for responsible brands/categories, sets up Cross Sell/Up Sells tools, manages Backorders, review and optimizes site taxonomy and facets, and utilized Kit Calculator as required per category
- P&L Responsibility: owns revenue, margin, and inventory (turn, receipt flow, inventory levels, in-stock levels) goals
- Team Management: Coaches, manages, and develops a team of Assistant/Associate Buyer/Buyer(s)
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 4-5 years of relevant Industry Merchandising and Buying experience, including management experience
- Willingness and ability to travel to as needed
- Excellent understanding of Retail Math and Fundamentals
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel a must)
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize competing tasks/initiatives