Lead Automation Engineer
Lead Automation Engineer - POS
● 10+ years of professional experience in software testing that includes Manual & Automation testing.
● Experience in Retail POS testing (preferably Oracle Retail xStore) and testing Payment Integrations to store solutions (Adyen preferably)
● Experience in Automation testing using JAVA, Selenium, Cucumber
● Strong Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and Software Testing Lifecycle
● Experience Acceptance Test Driven Development
● Understanding of CI/CD process
● Experience in functional testing, unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, black box testing, white box testing
● Experience in creating test artifacts (Test plans, Test strategies, Test case documents)
● Experience leading software development projects planning, creating user stories,
estimating stories effort, sequencing stories
● Proficiency in SQL queries
● Experience with quality assurance processes
● Experience with JMeter, POSTMAN, SOAPUI tools
● Bachelor’s in computer science or related discipline or equivalent
● Experience leading teams
● Experience in test automation
● Experience working with nearshore and offshore teams
● Nurture people – help create an environment where every member of your team can become a better version of themselves.
● Develop a vision – join the team in defining the path to our backend engineering future.
● Promote change – be influential, a great communicator and skilled negotiator that
promotes positive change.
● Teach – mentor and guide your team members.
● Organize – you must be highly organized and a strategic goal setter.
● Lead by example –you will be expected to show professional integrity and honesty. Be a role model, and always lead by example.
● Be an analytical and reflexive thinker –qualities required to constantly take the team
performance to the next level.
● Be a facilitator –to promote healthy debates of ideas and create the space for everyone to express themselves.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. That’s our mantra. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—we aim to give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase down life’s greatest moments. We foster local community in our expanding retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoor for all through our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we offer the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a top-notch shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like a crazy-awesome gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office. When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skin track laps are the norm, lunch break MTB rides are our sustenance, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the crag together post work. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.