Senior Director Competitive Cyclist Marketing
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Director of Integrated Marketing is responsible for leading both the Competitive Cyclist Integrated Marketing Team and the broader Backcountry / Competitive Cyclist Marketing Development Funds (MDF) program. The Director will set and execute strategy for both marketing programs and deliver results that ladder to broad company goals. The ideal candidate can juggle strategic development in conjunction with business goals, change management, prioritization, and execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop strategy for both the Competitive Cyclist marketing and MDF business functions that support broader company goals
- Bring Competitive Cyclist and Backcountry brands to life via development of seasonal, cross functional Go To Market (GTM) and MDF plans that support company strategic direction
- Create seasonal Competitive Cyclist campaign KPIs and MDF KPIs that support strategic and business goals
- Lead seasonal GTM and MDF presentations to exec team and business stakeholders
- Partner with stakeholders across the business including merchandising, technology, sales and operations to align on long-term marketing and MDF roadmap and mutual dependencies
- Manage and develop team of 5 people
- Review campaign performance and develop insights, implications and directional changes
- React to business results and opportunities in both business functions
- Speak to marketing performance in executive settings
- Provide feedback and oversight on campaign development and presentations
- Limited campaign development
- Ability to operate as proxy for department lead
- Guide calendar, process and milestone meetings to achieve strategic outcomes
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A total of 10+ years marketing experience, including customer oriented eCommerce
- A proven leader with the ability to motivate and inspire a cross-disciplinary team of marketers
- Strong quantitative problem-solving skills with an ability to tackle unstructured/undefined problems and apply strategic frameworks
- Experience in developing marketing initiatives to drive a high level of customer engagement.
- Experience in change management, taking ownership of operational functions and implementing change in broad, complex and multi-functional areas
- Strong ability in conceptualizing and developing presentations for senior-level meetings. Can guide team members/colleagues in the development of high-quality presentations
- High attention to detail
- Proven influencing skills
- Project management and prioritization
- A clear desire and ability to be collaborative. Must be able to work well in a collegial and casual work environment
- Ability to partner effectively with a wide variety of people and constituencies and comfortably working cross-functionally
- BA/BS degree
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.