Ecommerce Data Analyst
The Data Analyst will provide analytic and strategic support to Backcountry’s Ecommerce Team—which focuses on overall website performance, customer experience, and web analytics. The analyst will be responsible for quality implementation and analysis of customer behavior, conversion funnel, and end-to-end customer experience. The ideal candidate has extensive experience manipulating and analyzing large data sets and possesses excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with analyst team, functional leaders, and the data engineering team to enable decision support and key customer insights through data analysis, modeling, and exploration
- Uses quantitative data gathered from customer database and web analytics tools to develop an understanding of customer behavior (past, present, and future) and site performance to make strategic recommendations and predictions
- Applies statistics-based market intelligence to business issues and formulates recommendations and predictions
- Create dashboards by pulling data from different sources and present them to management team
- Answer ad-hoc analytic questions
- Ensure data collection is optimized to provide crystal-clear visibility into the past, present, and future behaviors of our customers
- Pursue data quality, troubleshoot data validation, and see issues to resolution
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Information Systems, or Marketing (with an analytic focus) from a top educational institution or other quantitative fields with relevant business experience also considered.
- Experience with data modeling, data mining, and predictive analysis
- Experience with relational databases (SQL, Microsoft Access, etc.)
- Familiarity with one or more statistical programming language (preferably Python or R, but experience with SAS, SPSS, etc. will be considered)
- Command of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel