UX Team Lead
The User Experience team is a valued member of the Product & Engineering team at Backcountry.com, and plays a vital role in ensuring the products we build for our customers match their behaviors, attitudes, and emotions. We collaborate closely with Product Managers, Developers and Subject Matter Experts in other departments to build innovative, user-friendly products that our customers love.
The UX Team Lead is responsible for overseeing the UX strategy and execution for a group of UX Designers. From defining future vision for the product, to resource management, to executing on defined strategies, the UX Team Lead is responsible for leading a group of UX designers to drive customer-focused design solutions.
- Advocating for the user. Aligning your thinking and design principles with the behaviors, attitudes, and emotions of our customers and speaking knowledgeably to them at all stages of product development.
- Defines design strategy for defined initiatives
- Conducts research to inform future vision of product area
- Resources necessary talent to execute on necessary project workstreams
- Manages 2-4 UX designers to execute on product goals
- Cross functional collaboration with product leads, tech leads and necessary partners and stakeholders to inform future vision and optimal execution of solutions
- Lead & advocate for user-centered design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
- Creation of concepts, wireframes, and prototypes to effectively conceptualize and communicate strategic vision.
- Advocates for usability testing, experimentation and iterative design process.
- Responsible for improving the usability metrics of their product area.
- Ensures UI standards are maintained and improved within their product vertical.
- Confidently communicates design decisions to executive stakeholders and synthesizes feedback.
- 5+ years of UX experience.
- Academic background in visual/human interaction, computer science, graphic design, or related field.
- Deep understanding of all stages of the design process.
- Clean visual design sensibilities. Ability to work within and progress an established design system.
- Proven record of design usability for web based experiences with a deep understanding of mobile-first, accessible and responsive design. E-commerce experience a plus.
- A solid understanding of user-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, and heuristic analysis.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with an engineering team. Basic knowledge of CSS & HTML.
- Proficiency working in programs such as Sketch, InVision, Optimizely, UsabilityHub, Adobe Analytics, or Adobe Creative Suite.