Warehouse Associate (M - F AM Shift) - $16.00/hr
Backcountry.com has an amazing opportunity for highly motivated individual to join our Warehouse team as a Merchandise Processor! If you are fast on your feet, and love handling all the cool gear we sell from the time it enters our doors to the time it leaves, this job could be for you…consider it more like pre shopping and less like work!
Starting @ $14.00/hr.
Full Time: Monday-Friday
About the Job:
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for your entire shift
- Read and Audit Labels
- Identify, count, and sort packages and inventory with a high level of accuracy
- Understand and differentiate between shipping methods and sort packages accordingly
- Use automated packaging equipment
- Participate in team meetings, follow guidance, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Maintain a clean work space
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in LEAN initiatives
- Verbal and Written comprehension of the English Language
- Basic Math Skills
- Computer Skills including familiarity with the internet and e-mail; ability to work with hand held computer device
- High School Equivalency
- Experience operating power industrial equipment (for example, standing order picker or forklift)
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, & SteepandCheap —aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
In addition to an outdoor enthusiast culture, we aim to create the best possible work environment in our temperature controlled, state-of-the art automated Fulfillment Center. We provide a supportive staff of managers and administrators to adhere to employee accommodations, onboarding and daily needs. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, recognition prizes, company events and in-office celebrations make for a positive employee morale and fun work atmosphere. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of flexible shift schedules with full and part-time availability, paid time off starting at 20 days your first year, and opportunities for advancement and quarterly increases. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.