The Senior Studio Photographer is responsible for producing imagery for products across a portfolio of specialty retail sites: Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, and Steep & Cheap. This position requires a critical eye for photography, innate technical skill, and the ability to express these ideas to the greater group. You’ll collaborate with senior leadership to both inform and enforce best-practice production standards in your area of expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead studio production for assigned set types
- Develop photography guidelines that deliver top-quality product imagery for respective area
- Ensure all items are being captured according to imaging guidelines
- Deploy styling, lighting, and treatment that lends to a premium content experience
- Innovate on behalf of our customer
- Align to production goals by managing day-to-day workload and set volume
- Follow equipment, inventory, and file management protocols
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 4+ years of studio photography experience; demonstrated ability to deliver top-quality imagery
- B.S. Degree in Art, Graphic Design, Digital Photography or equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of digital cameras, strobe lighting systems, and tethered capture
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC
- Proven propensity to prioritize and innovate
- Excellent organizational skills
- Studio imagery portfolio required
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.