Partnerships and Events Brand Marketing Intern - Summer 2022
**Applications open until December 3rd. We will start reviewing and reaching out to candidates in early December**
Each intern will be assigned to one of the functional organizational pillars in Integrated Marketing, Creative, Performance Marketing, Retention or Brand + Partnerships. Each position offers a unique opportunity to grow your expertise in a marketing functional area critical to our omnichannel business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the brand marketing team by spreading the stoke at local and national events
- Facilitate the execution of a robust national and local brand marketing event schedule
- Contribute to the development of engaging, brand activations, that challenge, surprise, and delight existing and potential customers
- Support online and offline marketing channels including brick & mortar retail, partnerships, events & activations, athletes, ambassadors, search, display, organic, and paid social media.
- Assist the brand marketing team with occasional sourcing and ordering of swag (promotional items) and the day-to-day management of swag inventory
- Leverage third-party marketing platforms and partnerships to improve on campaign setup and decision-making.
- Work with colleagues from merchandising, marketing, and creative teams to effectively promote key product stories and promotions while supporting brand partnerships and engaging with customers
- Produce compelling visual and written communications to external stakeholders
- Report on event and activation performance, providing debriefs and extrapolating downstream impact on traffic and NTF growth
- Identify trends and best practices and assist with the development of strategies for marketing and promotion campaigns targeting both broad and targeted consumer segments
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be a Junior or Senior standing in an undergraduate program
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
- Knowledge of marketing strategies, including continuous education of new marketing tactics and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable interacting 1:1 with customers and team members
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills with an obsession to detail and quality
- Exceptional work ethic and proven ability to overcome obstacles to deliver results
- Self-starter and willing to work in an ambitious but fun environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of web analytics a plus
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep & Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn ski track laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.