Graphic Design Intern - Summer 2022
**Applications open until December 3rd. We will start reviewing and reaching out to candidates in early December**
The intern will be assigned to one of the functional organizational pillars in Integrated Marketing, Creative, Performance Marketing, Retention or Brand + Partnerships. Each position offers a unique opportunity to grow your expertise in a marketing functional area critical to our omnichannel business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with creative and integrated marketing teams to create content for web and retail channels.
- Learn the creative process from receiving a brief, work with the art and design directors and design team to build a concept before designing content.
- Produce a variety of content across our channels.
- Produce compelling visual and written communications to stakeholders.
- Take part in a variety of meetings to learn how creative is built from every level of the creative team structure.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be a Junior or Senior standing in an undergraduate program
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
- Thoughtful approaches to solving problems without fear of asking questions
- Strong Adobe Suite skills - PS, AI, INDD, (Figma is a plus)
- Strong Google Suite skills
- Strong eye for art, design, photography, (sensibility for copywriting is a plus)
- Strong organizational skills with an obsession to detail and quality
- Exceptional work ethic and proven ability to overcome obstacles to deliver results
- Self-starter and willing to work in an ambitious but fun environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep & Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn ski track laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.