Remote Seasonal Gearhead (Customer Service and Sales) - $17.50/hr
This role requires someone who is passionate about getting outside and enjoys sharing that passion with others! You’ll be expected to provide next-level service and problem solving to deliver a best-in-class customer experience across multiple contact channels. As a Gearhead, you’ll help take our customer’s outdoor experience from good to great by recommending all of the right products for their pursuits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle customer contacts which involves answering gear questions, placing orders and account help through online chat, phone, email and SMS
- Help customers choose the best gear for their needs and enter orders directly into our system
- Assist customers with navigating our web sites, including product filters, policy pages and other self-service features
- Recommend add-on items and relevant services to ensure an excellent outdoor experience for our customers
- Represent Backcountry’s core values through caring intensely about our customers, encouraging outdoor participation and inspiring others
- Solve all problems with a customer-first mentality and out of the box thinking when required
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six months service/sales experience in any industry is preferred
- Solid skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Exchange etc.)
- Strong Communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Strong ability to multitask
- Proactive mindset and creative problem solving skills
- Strong Time Management ability
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.