Industrial Engineering Intern - Summer 2022
**Applications open until December 3rd. We will start reviewing and reaching out to candidates in early December**
As the Industrial Engineer Intern here at Backcountry you will report directly to the Operations Engineer and be part of the Herd at our Utah Fulfillment Center. We will coach you on how to perform time studies and train you on using time study analysis software. The projects for this internship will focus on the replenishment process for our non-conveyable items and retail integration. These tasks and projects will require our intern to work both individually and on small teams. Completed projects will be presented to the leadership team at the end of the summer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify non-value add activities and define process improvements to increase productivity
- Perform operational observations and evaluate process documentation
- Create or update process documentation
- Develop and lead an implementation plan for improvements
- Interact with cross-functional teams
- Conduct cost benefit analysis on projects requiring capital expenses
- Validate and document improvements in productivity
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be a Junior or Senior standing in an undergraduate program
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering and or Engineering related discipline
- A collaborator at heart - this is a cross-functional role that requires partnerships with multiple teams across the business
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- An individual who can work effectively in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Deep customer obsession, with a passion for creating best-in-class customer experiences
- A high degree of organization and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Clear, concise communication skills
- A drive for results balanced with a passion for cultivating a healthy, motivating team culture
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep & Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn ski track laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.