Dawn Patrol Gearhead
POSITION TITLE: Dawn Patrol Gearhead I
REPORTS TO: Felix Kallin
BUSINESS/COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Gearhead Operations
Geek out with customers via phone or chat all night by sharing your insane, expert, gear knowledge. In addition to providing smashing service, you’ll increase Backcountry’s profit margin by suggesting the coolest add-on items that complement the customer’s purchase.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work overnight.
- Handle customer volume which revolves around answering gear questions, placing orders and account help through online chat, phone and email.
- Helping customers choose the best gear for their needs
- Assisting customers in learning how to use the front end Backcountry.com’s site along with any account, order or shipping issues that occur.
- Represent Backcountry.com’s core values through caring intensely about our customers, encouraging outdoor participation and inspiring others.
- Solve all problems with a customer-first mentality and out of the box thinking when required.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six months service experience in any industry
- Solid skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Exchange etc.)
- Strong Communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Strong ability to multitask
- Proactive mindset and creative problem solving skills
- Strong Time Management ability
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.