Senior Security Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated and seasoned senior security engineer responsible for running Backcountry's Information Security programs as a member of our InfoSec Team.
The Infosec Team is responsible for multiple aspects of the security program including detecting and responding to threats against our corporate production environments, vulnerability management, corporate security, application security reviews, system hardening etc. As a Security Engineer, you will lead the Backcountry's security programs and improve our existing security posture through the implementation of industry best practices and standards like NIST or ISO.
- Lead the ongoing maturation of the Backcountry's information security program.
- Lead the development and implementation of security policies and procedures, control standards, and operational practices.
- Provide general knowledge and security best practices to evaluate, design, implement, and support preventative and detective security controls.
- Developing metrics that demonstrate current risk state, indicators of progress, and business alignment for those activities.
- Partnering with engineering, program management and operations personnel within the service delivery organization to implement changes to process and technology.
- Assess network security controls with experience in firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), and web application firewalls (WAF).
- Provide subject matter expertise in threat and vulnerability management, patching, and system hardening.
- Maintain awareness of Backcountry's technology architecture of security solutions including but not limited to web security controls, anti-malware, encryption, SIEM, firewalls, IPS, host-based firewalls, data loss prevention, network access control, email security and auditing.
- Stay abreast of evolving threats and cyber security countermeasures, practices, techniques, and capabilities in the marketplace and conduct threat analysis accordingly.
- Implement automation and orchestration to improve efficiency and effectiveness of monitoring and response processes.
- Acts as a liaison to Compliance and internal audit departments and works in conjunction with technical counterparts to remediate audit and security findings.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security AWS/GCP.
- Knowledge in administering network security systems such as PaloAlto firewalls.
- Knowledge in administering TVM solutions such as Tenable, Qualys.
- Knowledge in administering EPP/EDR solutions such as Carbon Black.
- Knowledge in administering IAM systems such as OneLogin, Okta.
- Knowledge in administering mail security systems such as ProofPoint or O365 security.
- Experience in administering PAM solutions such as CyberArk or BeyondTrust.
- Extensive infrastructure experience with servers, workstations, applications, and network security.
- Understanding of patch management and software deployment methodologies.
- Experience with Ansible and Terraform automation tools.
- Deep technical troubleshooting skills.
- Evangelist for security best practices.
- Ability to translate technical issues into business language for end-users.
- Desired experience working in a fast-paced e-commerce environment with a record of hands-on management of security controls.
- Team Player with proven communication, organizational, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated out-of-the-box problem solver with the ability to switch between team projects and self-directed work.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results.
- Intermediate to advanced verbal and written English proficiency.
- Ideally 7 years of progressive IT experience with 4+ years in a cyber security role.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems.
- CISSP, CISM, CEH, CISA or other relevant certifications.
- LPI, Linux+ CompTIA or other relevant Linux Certification.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) security certifications.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account