Product Line Manager: BG&A
Product Line Manager:
Manage the development of private label products, coordinating efforts with Merchandising, Marketing, Content, Quality Control, Planning, and external consultants to ensure all brand standards are met and delivery of quality products. Responsible for managing the development timelines and costs in coordination with external consultants and internal teams.
About the Job:
- Manage all parts of the product creation process, from concept to delivery of assigned brands.
- Ensure product outcomes align with brand values and revenue plans.
- Coordinate product design efforts with external consultant and internal Creative Director
- Help develop and maintain product standards
- Review Product design and development
- Coordinate “co-lab” development
- Work closely with merchandising team to provide relevant design feedback.
- Partner with planners to optimize forecasting and inventory accuracy and plans for seasonal liquidation, and past performance, as well as reacting to in season sales by chasing into product or moving slow inventory.
- Accountable for revenue and gross margin goals of assigned brands, and presenting buys to leadership team.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and cross-divisionally to execute seasonal launches.
- Manage relationships with third party vendor partners including, but not limited to:
- Cost negotiations
- On-time delivery
- Product trim specifications
- Product fit (apparel)
- Calendar management
- Color / trim approvals
- Problem solving
- Create and manage purchase orders in Interchange system.
- Partner with QC lead to identify product quality issues and create solutions.
- Potential growth into other categories including camping equipment and/or home goods.
- 8 years of experience in merchandising, buying or planning of apparel lines
- Experience in outdoor product development, retail or ecommerce
- Experience building and executing product selling plans
- Strong working knowledge of the product creation process
- Working knowledge of material development, sourcing, garment costing and lead times
- Proven ability to identify customer base / brand ethos and select relevant products.
- Willingness to travel to trade shows, vendors and manufacturing partners.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly analytical with a proven understanding of financial statements
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Team player who will thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment