Warehouse Associate (Weekend Shift) - $19.00/hr
Backcountry is immediately hiring highly motivated individuals to join our Warehouse team as a Merchandise Processor! We are looking for associates who are fast on their feet, and love handling all the cool gear we sell from the time it enters our doors to the time it leaves. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy, this job could be for you…consider it more like pre shopping and less like work!
Advertised shift diff will begin 11/1
About the Job:
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for your entire shift
- Read and Audit Labels
- Identify, count, and sort packages and inventory with a high level of accuracy
- Understand and differentiate between shipping methods and sort packages accordingly
- Use automated packaging equipment
- Participate in team meetings, follow guidance, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Maintain a clean work space
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in LEAN initiatives
- Verbal and Written comprehension of the English Language
- Basic Math Skills
- Computer Skills including familiarity with the internet and e-mail; ability to work with hand held computer device
- High School Equivalency
- Experience operating power industrial equipment (for example, standing order picker or forklift)
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.