Service Technician - Bike and Ski ($20.00/hr)
POSITION TITLE: Service Technician - Bike and Ski
REPORTS TO: Retail Manager
BUSINESS/COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: BC GHO Retail
LOCATION: Park City, UT
Backcountry.com is immediately hiring for a Bike and Ski Tech. We need an experienced mechanic with a strong attention to detail to join our Retail Shop in Park City. What sets us apart from other retailers? We're online 24/7 and only offer a premium, curated assortment of products within the bike and ski industry. This job requires experience in high-end bicycle mechanics, ski mounting/tuning, attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
This is a great opportunity for a quality mechanic. You will get access to Medical, Dental, and Vision health benefits, as well as a 401k and awesome gear discount.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Assembly and inspection of complete box and custom bikes, frame prep, wheel building/truing, etc.
●Intake of customer bikes for service and routine maintenance.
●Diagnosis of issues on bikes and estimation for cost of repair
●Perform comprehensive bike services including builds, component swaps, tubeless set up, brake install and bleeds, etc.
●Perform basic ski and snowboard services including binding mounting, waxing, edge tuning, base repairs and light boot-fitting.
●Communicate directly with customers and provide updates on the status of their service needs
●Source parts and other shop supplies necessary to complete all services
●Manage and maintain a demo fleet of skis, snowboards, bikes and other outdoor gear
●Perform general shop duties, training, and special projects as directed by supervisor
●Provide support on the sales floor during times of high traffic or when technical product knowledge is required
●Minimum 3 years experience as a high-end mountain and road bike assembler/mechanic as demonstrated by proficiency in the following:
○ Bike Service writing/Diagnostics
○ Disc brake set up
○ Derailleur setup and adjustment
○ Proper frame prep techniques (facing and tapping)
○ Wheel truing
○ Understanding of bicycle fit
○ Attention to detail and ability to problem solve issues
○ Proficiency with computer programs
○ General computer, email, word processing, and internet skills
● Binding mounting for 2 years, with manufacturer certifications.
● Binding testing certifications
○ Base repair: P-tex and base welds
○ Base grind: Experience with base grinding machines, base patterning, and creating a flat ski surface.
○ Edge repair: repairing and replacing damaged edges that have detached from the base and core of the ski.
○ Edge sharpening: understanding of edge degrees, machine grinding, diamond file finishing stones, and race tuning.
○ Wax: Machine and hand wax
● Understanding timely completion of tuning requests and the ability to meet these timelines.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include awesome gear discount and 401k.