Assistant Product Line Manager- BG&A
Assistant Product Line Manager
Backcountry’s mission is to connect people with their passions. The team executes this mission through an industry-defining team of deeply knowledgeable gearheads, unparalleled breadth and depth of assortment, world-class fulfillment capabilities, and an iconic brand. The successful candidate will support the Owned Brands team for Backcountry, a fast growing and profitable business based in Park City, Utah.
Backcountry has an outstanding opportunity for an Assistant Product Line Manager on our Owned Brands team. As the Assistant Product Line Manager, you will assist, support and collaborate with the Associate Product Line Manager in product development, marketing, visual merchandising, and assortment strategies for the Owned Brands product lines. The ideal candidate will fully understand the Backcountry brand, the Outdoor Industry and have outdoor specific product knowledge, in order to help drive the division to reach its financial goals and initiatives.
If you want a fast-paced work environment with the opportunity to directly affect the growth and development of our Owned Brands, this could be your job!
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Support the Associate Product Line Manager in developing and delivering a product line that helps increase revenue, gross margin, and market share
- Concept and curate product briefs to communicate to all cross-functional business partners throughout the go-to-market process
- Maintain a category line plan that achieves financial targets and assortment architecture
- Manage and distribute business recap reports to analyze sales and speak to the business in weekly, monthly and season-end selling meetings
- Coordinate product review and input sessions with Gearheads and Merchandising to ensure there is a constant feedback loop between departments
- Gain and provide market, consumer and competitor insights for respective product categories to share with Design, Sourcing, Merchandising, Marketing and Creative
- Assist the Product Line Manager and Planning counterpart to upload pricing and promotions for current season and aged product
- Work collaboratively with the Sourcing team to brief product line, select fabrics/materials, hit target item costs and other production calendar needs
- Support Associate Product Line Manager in daily tactical needs, including, but not limited to: SKU building, product siting and content maintenance, receipt tracking, PO transmission, sample management
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 2+ years of relevant Industry experience in Merchandise Buying or Product Development
- Thorough understanding of outdoor industry business, products, and lifestyle
- Solid knowledge of product construction, development, material, trims and costs
- Solid foundation of Retail Math and Buying Fundamentals
- Ability to think critically with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel is a must)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with cross-functional partners, vendors and customers
- Willingness to learn, eager to take on new projects and able to deal with ambiguity
- Performs under pressure and able to prioritize competing tasks/initiatives
- Self-motivated and looking to join a fast-paced team
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.