Loyalty Program Manager
About the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Loyalty, the Loyalty Program Manager will effectively oversee the day-to-day operations of the Backcountry loyalty program, leading the development and execution of all program rewards and activities. This person will be an integral part of onboarding our new loyalty platform and will become an expert user, setting up rules and creating A/B tests.
- Coordinate the tactical elements of all rewards, campaigns and events related to the loyalty program.
- Own project management functions including facilitating cross-functional workstream planning and documentation, ensuring timely development and execution of loyalty program campaigns.
- Assist in developing and executing a program campaign/promotions calendar, working closely with key partners in Integrated Marketing, Retention, Merchandising, Gearhead Operations, and Performance Marketing along with any external partners and vendors.
- In partnership with Creative, Email and Integrated Marketing, lead the creative request process and track deliverables.
- Identify and develop innovative personalization strategies to test across cohorts and channels.
- Stay current on loyalty trends and monitor the competitive landscape to determine opportunities to optimize and test new rewards/features.
- Understand program KPIs and keep a pulse of program health, making recommendations to improve.
- Contribute to program retrospectives, pulling data and building executive performance reports.
- Act as a key point of contact in the vendor relationship. Periodically review platform capabilities and ensure we’re making the most of available functionality and are maintaining best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of loyalty, project management and/or digital marketing experience.
- Previous experience working on a retail loyalty program preferred.
- Organized self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.