Backcountry’s Owned Brands division is looking for a Production Manager to help support this rapidly growing portion of the overall business. This role is responsible for managing the production cycle with a focus on PO data management, sample tracking and leadtime negotiations. This position will maintain departmental tools and reports and coordinate with cross functional teams to ensure department and business objectives are met in a timely manner.
Our Sourcing team oversees the development and bulk production process for our private label apparel and hardgoods. The team is hands on with the product from initial designs through the delivery into our warehouse. The sourcing team helps in finding the highest quality materials for all of our brands. We are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and help execute on the strategic initiatives of the division.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Support the aesthetics and quality of product by maintaining quality production and ensuring on time delivery
- Track and review seasonal leadtimes. Ensure this information comes at the time of proto submission
- Assist with sending buy recaps to factories for delivery confirmation prior to PO
- Work closely with the product development team to know once prices are confirmed,
- Send PO request recaps, with Manager’s approval, to merchants once prices are confirmed
- Send PO’s to vendors based on due dates
- Purchase Orders Follow up with vendors to ensure receipt of new purchase orders.
- Create a shared working tool for PO’s
- Assist with information pertaining to weekly proto and production status update meetings with cross functional team.
- Establish Time and Action calendar (tracking WIP) for overseas factories to ensure that all the goods meet delivery and quality standards. Push weekly updates from factory.
- Order/track/recieve all web and photo shoot samples, manage delivery to proper departments
- Review the weekly WIP reports from overseas agents & vendors to ensure on time orders and new orders are added to the report each week.
- Ensure TOP samples are being sent on a timely basis. Manage incoming TOP sample packages; work with team to ensure comments are being sent on time
- Reorders- assist team with weekly reorders to ensure timely confirmation and issue of purchase orders; Negotiate costs on all reorders to gain Margin
- Assist team in maintaining branding and packaging binder
- Review chargebacks from the DC as it relates to direct import vendors.
- Communicate with Logistics Department to ensure efficient movement of goods, on time delivery is met & customs compliance is met.
- Monitor post-vendor hand over to NDC to ensure on time delivery; work with cross channel team on any logistical delays
- Send monthly container planning projections to traffic/logistics to ensure we are secure enough space for our vendors
- Facilitate seasonal HTS line review meeting with Customs Compliance
- Travel overseas to conduct facility visits once it is safe to travel due to the pandemic
- Create a report on QC issues and track which vendors are repeat offender
- Partner with Director of Sourcing to solve production/quality issues that may cause delay.
- Support Owned Brands team with administrative and production-related tasks
- Able to conduct after hours skype meetings with factories
- Work with Director of Sourcing for all miscellaneous tasks
- Attend cross functional and milestone meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or equivalent experience desired.
- 3-5 years of experience in garment manufacturing/product development/production/sourcing
- Working knowledge of apparel and hardgoods production process
- Foundational understanding of global trade agreements and trade regulations.
- Must be able to troubleshoot production issues and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Team player with ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in private label preferred
- Experience with Centric PLM preferred.
- Strong MS Office, especially Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with management and cross functional teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work proactively and problem solve.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a high pace environment.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good judgment and decision-making ability.
- Deadline driven, self-starter and extremely detail oriented
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure and thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.