Merchandising Intern - Summer 2021
Merchandising Interns are responsible for supporting Buyers in achieving and exceeding the financial goals of their segment by assisting in daily and administrative duties.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
- Dates: June 14th – August 20th
- Location: Park City, UT
- Paid Internship
- Housing will be provided for out-of-state candidates
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the review of product assortments, ensuring appropriate product positioning and alignment with brand strategies.
- Assist in the set-up of seasonal product meetings.
- Attend merchandise, sales and strategy meetings.
- Expand business knowledge of product marketplace and current trends in the outdoor outfitter industry.
- Gain understanding of vendor merchandising organizations and processes.
- Assist with administrative tasks, including (but not limited to) order entry, updating tracking documents/samples, shipping, cataloging samples and filing.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of Retail Math and Fundamentals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel a must)
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize competing tasks/initiatives
- SQL knowledge is a plus
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, & SteepandCheap —aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
In addition to an outdoor enthusiast culture, we aim to create the best possible work environment in our temperature-controlled, state-of-the-art automated Fulfillment Center. We provide a supportive staff of managers and administrators, onboarding, training, and daily needs. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, recognition, prizes, and company events make for a positive employee environment and fun work atmosphere.