Human Resources & Recruiting Intern - Summer 2022
**Applications open until December 3rd. We will start reviewing and reaching out to candidates in early December**
Backcountry is looking for an energetic and driven candidate for the Human Resources Division. This role works closely in a rotational program with our Human Resource Business Partners and Talent Acquisition team to gain hands-on experience in the field of Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be a Junior or Senior standing in an undergraduate program
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Partners to build & execute robust recruiting strategies that meet the needs of both client and candidate
- Partner with HR Business Partners to provide support for all functions and buildings.
- Conduct industry research and understand the best practices from other regions to provide market insights
- Design creative sourcing strategy and build strong pipelines for specific roles
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Previous experience in an administrative or Human Resources-related role preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools required, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Detailed research and analytic abilities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Multi-tasker who is flexible to changes in work priorities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep & Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn ski track laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.