Director of Strategic Procurement
POSITION TITLE: Director of Strategic Procurement
REPORTS TO: VP, Controller
DEPARTMENT: Accounts Payable
LOCATION: Park City
The Director of Strategic Procurement is responsible for aligning on strategy, oversight, and management for all purchasing inputs. In addition, the individual will be responsible for all phases of sourcing and require the skills to identify cost saving potential, manage RFP’s for competitive environments, generate and negotiate contracts to maximize product availability/service to the company, and management of the day-to-day operations of the Payables department. This includes, but is not limited to, the interaction and management of suppliers, AP personnel, discounts, RTV, rebates, net, and field pricing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and develop key supplier relationships and leverage cash flow to deliver savings on early payments
- Work with Finance to ensure accurate forecasting, inventory planning, and OTB/CF synergy
- Identify and develop key talent to ensure the success of all individuals in the department
- Conduct regular supplier business review with key suppliers & collaborate with Merchandising team on Vendor Scorecard reviews
- Manage AP Supervisors and AP Teams located in US & Costa Rica
- Create & Maintain KPI’s to adequately monitor Purchasing/AP Metrics to drive success
- Implement, execute, & monitor best practice contracting strategies utilizing processed, procedures, & appropriate tools.
- Develop and drive annual Supply Chain cost savings programs and process and implement business strategies that directly affect the bottom line and growth plans.
- Identify and prioritize continuous improvement opportunities through the implementation of new tools and processes
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in business related area.
- 5-7 years of purchasing/strategic sourcing experience along with 3+ years relevant operations/supply chain experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of Netsuite and proper enhancement of ERP is a plus
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.