POSITION TITLE: Retail Trainer
The Retail Trainer is responsible for all aspects of Retail Gearhead training. Responsibilities include developing and delivering a training curriculum, creating a motivational environment, providing ongoing education and other training/coaching opportunities as necessary. You will be in charge of onboarding, which consists of preparing Leadership and Gearheads to work with Backcountry Customers on a retail sales floor. You must have a strong understanding of methodology to sell products and services, standards, stock, and any other necessary business processes. You will need to be strong in soft-skill material training to support the function of a retail store customer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate all aspects of POS, NetSuite ERP, Operational, and LMS systems for retail teams, including the scheduling of training sessions, content creation, and source work books
- Conduct retail employee training sessions, including onboarding and continuing knowledge and skills education required to meet and exceed KPIs and customer expectations
- Prepare opening stores with an understanding of local area knowledge and customer base
- Assist management teams in creation of materials for meetings and coaching and opportunities
- Communicate with marketing and buying teams for seasonal product knowledge
- Manage and facilitate continuous learning and development for Retail Gearhead teams
- Suggest methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers
- Partner with internal business units to develop, create, train, and monitor effectiveness of new training programs based on business needs
- Adapt training style and methodology to support in-person, train-the-trainer, and virtual settings
- Maintain and improve existing training toolsets and make recommendations to continually improve training effectiveness
- Support Onboarding training for other business units as necessary
- Other special projects as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Retail setting
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong People Skills
- Ability to maintain the attention of a group of sales and service representatives
- Willingness to be flexible in a fast paced environment
- Strong customer focus, team player and strong work ethic
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The employee must be willing to travel 40% of time
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk
- The employee must occasionally kneel, stoop crouch, twist and lift up to 50 pounds, with or without accommodations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account