Law Clerk Intern - Summer 2022
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
**Applications open until December 3rd. We will start reviewing and reaching out to candidates in early December**
- The successful candidate will be eager to experience the full scope of working for an in-house legal team. You will be exposed to commercial contracts, intellectual property, brand development, private label apparel and product development, labor and employment, and products liability. You will also deal with general legal counseling for our teams in Merchandising, Marketing, Fulfillment, Finance, Operations, People, and Product & Engineering.
- Under attorney supervision, you will assist in reviewing, researching, and recommending solutions to business and legal concerns across the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be a first or second year law student at an accredited law school.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
- Eager to learn, engage, and work to understand the substantive issues of law.
- Represent the legal function and team with thoughtful, complete, and precise counsel.
- Listen to our business colleagues, understand their concerns, and have a client-focused problem-solving mindset that balances legal risk with business outcomes.
- Issue spot, but also prepare recommendations to resolve business challenges and legal questions for the company’s Merchandising, Marketing, Fulfillment, Finance, Operations, People, and Product & Engineering departments.
- In the event of an M & A deal, financing project, or material litigation matter, be ready to pitch in with diligence, negotiations, Board of Directors presentations, and general legal research across a number of different topic
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep & Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn ski track laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.