Sr. Financial Analyst
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Financial Analyst
REPORTS TO: Manager FP&A
BUSINESS/COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Finance / FP&A
LOCATION: Park City, SLC
Our Sr. Financial Analyst reports on and analyzes financial results across Backcountry’s suite of ecommerce sites and retail stores. This role specifically supports the Supply Chain organization with ongoing reporting and ad hoc analyses. Sr. Financial Analysts also assist in budgeting, forecasting and treasury.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Provide complete financial support for end to end Supply Chain planning and budgeting.
● Support period close processes and prepare storylines for variance reporting.
● Bring a strategic point of view to data, reporting, and process opportunities.
● Work with business intelligence tools to extract relevant data as needed. Work with BI team members to gather data as required.
● Demonstrate working knowledge of retail business concepts and supply chain metrics.
● Develop and upgrade critical finance processes, business, and review cadence, including leading the monthly and annual financial management cycles
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
●Stay current on retail industry trends and developments; stay current with the latest analytics trends and developments. Discuss trends with FP&A team members and make recommendations as appropriate.
● Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
●Four-year college degree or equivalent experience is required. The preferred degree path is economics, finance, accounting, mathematics, or business administration.
● 3-5 years of professional experience.
● Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills required.
● Must be curious and interested in advancing FP&A and Supply Chain knowledge.
● Proficient Microsoft Office skills in Word and Outlook required.
● The ability to understand and read financial budgets, reports, models, and data is required.
● Basic understanding of financial reports and preparation of dashboards is required.
● Prior experience working with Looker and/ or NetSuite a plus.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.