Backcountry's Merchandise Planning team has an opening for a Pricing Coordinator. This position requires excellent attention to detail, retail or eCommerce business experience, and the ability to work well alone and with a team. This role is diverse and dynamic. The Pricing Coordinator works closely with the Pricing Lead, Buyers and Marketing team to ensure Promotions and Markdowns are executed accurately and successfully.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Execute company wide pricing changes to drive desired sales, margin and inventory goals
- High attention to detail with focus on data accuracy
- Maintain a high level of data integrity for pricing attributes in ERP
- Support Pricing Lead in management of markdown pricing
- Run and manage Competitive Price Index reporting
- Build strong cross functional relationships with Marketing, Merchandising, Planning, Finance, and Site Operations
- Work cross functionally with Marketing and Visual Merch to ensure sites are appropriately merchandised and accurate discounts called out
- Partner with Planning team to ensure we are hitting desired inventory targets through pricing actions
- Have ability to develop clear communication of pricing changes/needs with upper levels of management.
- Ability to function well in an ever-changing and dynamic environment
- Audit promo/pricing Calendar for data integrity and completeness
- Partner with Merchandising team to ensure promo and price break calendar is being executed correctly and in a timely basis
- Create year over year views and summarize any shifts or changes to promotional / price break calendar for cross functional teams.
- Support process improvements for pricing across Pricing Team & Merchandise Team
- QA promo / price breaks as needed
- Support running of reporting and analytics as needed
- Requires 1-2 years eCommerce retail experience, knowledge of retail math and attainment of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships and communicate well with peers and cross-functional teams
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Able to perform under pressure, organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of SQL, NetSuite, OBIEE or similar software a plus
- Retail buying, planning or related analytical experience highly recommended
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.