Sr. Affiliate Marketing Manager
The Sr Affiliate Marketing Manager is responsible for managing Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, and Steep & Cheap affiliate programs from strategy development to day to day execution with the objective of driving new customer acquisition and sales aligned with the company’s forecasts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Help manage and drive profitable customer acquisition through affiliate partnerships
- Lead the vision, strategy and execution of the affiliate partnership program
- Maintain and grow existing affiliate relationships while at the same time activating new partnerships to achieve incremental, profitable growth of the overall program
- Own the outreach, negotiation, tracking and analysis for all Backcountry affiliates
- Help develop and manage monthly affiliate budgets across all brands
- In partnership with an agency, monitor day to day affiliate activities, responding to publisher inquiries and drafting communications and newsletters for various campaigns
- Execute affiliate promotional strategy and develop campaign ideas
- Run and analyze reports, give insights and recommend improvements on affiliate activities and on the overall program
- Initiate new campaign ideas and placement/exclusive
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or requisite experience
- Minimum 5 years previous performance marketing experience
- Experience with, and understanding of, affiliate marketing platforms such as Impact Radius and AvantLink
- Experience in Google Analytics
- External agency management experience
- Ability to manage budgets and demonstrated experience achieving results
- Strong interpersonal skills, curiosity, positive attitude, drive and collaborative spirit
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple projects and frequent reporting
- Attention to detail, accountability and pride in quality of work
- Ability to travel when needed to team meetings and conferences
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.
Thanks for exploring our careers! For your time and effort, use promo code CAREERS22 for 15% off full-price items in your cart. Some exclusions apply.