Seasonal Competitive Cyclist - Bike Gearhead ($17.50/hr)
Gearhead – Passionate and driven individuals looking to make an impact and provide an amazing customer experience for our riders.
Perks/Benefits – We use the gear we sell! As a Gearhead, you’ll receive an employee discount to help fuel your passion for riding along with other industry perks.
Our Riders: This is our customer and they consist of Road cyclists, Mountain Bikers, and people who love to ride all bikes and all tire sizes.
The Job: The Gearhead - Bike position requires great skills in customer service and a desire to learn the ins and outs of the bike industry. The role pays $17.50 per hour with the potential for overtime when applicable.
Your goal will be to provide concierge level customer service to all of our Riders. If you are excited about getting on the bike and meeting more people who ride, then now is the time to apply.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide concierge level service to our riders
- Assist riders with general product questions.
- Answer calls, chats and emails
- Build and maintain relationships with our riders
- Solve problems, answer questions about orders, returns, shipping, and order status
- Contact customers via follow up
- Learn our processes and systems to meet our customers needs
- Work alongside a motivated and fun team full of riders that are passionate about bikes
- Build your product knowledge through training and assisting our riders
The Tools for Success:
- Experience in the cycling industry preferred
- A passion for all things cycling
- A passion for helping people
- Must be able to use computers daily
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize and think on your feet
- Customer service & sales experience
- Schedule flexibility including weekends and evenings until 10:00PM
About Our Culture:
- POSITION IS OPEN TO REMOTE
- Fun, professional, and inclusive of all employees both local and remote
- Vendor clinics and swag
- Able to talk with your coworkers about all things bike
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors.