Director of Analytics
We’re looking for a Director of Analytics to build real solutions to analyze customer and digital analytics, while building a high-performing analytics team. You will work with cross-functional teams to build data analytics products and tools that enable Backcountry teammates to make fact-based decisions. You will lead a team to deliver insights and data-driven recommendations to improve consumer experience and accelerate business performance across DTC channels (eCommerce and retail). You will collaborate across the organization to help create an analytics capability roadmap and help drive the execution of that roadmap.
- Provide insights to Drive eCommerce and retail revenue growth, manage expenses and deliver to financial results.
- Manage and oversee all AB testing both in performance and on-site (platform).
- Provide data and insights to support the Develop of a Backcountry e-commerce and retail strategy based on brand vision, industry trends, and evolving consumer expectations. Identify opportunities and new ideas to propel the business forward.
- Lead and coach team to provide next-level customer and digital analytic services, enabling Backcountry teammates to make fact-based decisions
- Deliver high-quality analytics services by collecting, mining, and analyzing data to generate insights
- A passion for delivering data-driven insights and recommendations to consistently improve consumer satisfaction and steer business performance across DTC channels (eCommerce and retail)
- Collaborate with stakeholders, supporting functional teams in defining goals, selecting appropriate KPIs, monitoring performance, and deriving trends and opportunities.
- Well-developed communication skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various levels of the organization
- Attract, develop, and retain skilled, competent, motivated, and creative people.
- Identify, design, and implement data process improvements, such as:
- automating manual processes
- re-designing data infrastructure for greater scalability
- optimizing data delivery
- identification of system deficiencies
- recommendation of simple solutions
- Understand the wider digital landscape and how any changes will impact various stakeholders, e.g., be conversant with the demand side of the business both technically and analytically.
- Understanding of customer data platforms and have understating of a unified customer overview.
- Work, approach, and promote analytics across the organization, with data analytics and commercial experts, to leverage greater functionality from our data systems.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- 7-10 years of eCommerce experience, online merchandising or marketing experience preferred, branded product and lifestyle fashion experience preferred.
- Understand AB testing and understanding of statistical methodologies
- Predictive analytics (AI)
- Curiosity of data/analytics and a solution oriented mind set.
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills to drive effective collaboration and influence within an organization.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, collaboration, and project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and translate data into actionable proposals.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Comfortable in changing, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Experience leading and coaching analytics teams
- Knowledge in SugarCRM, Amperity, Looker, or Biq Query
- Google analytics, adobe analytics, other data base tools.
- Experience in a DTC sales environment (ecom / retail) is a plus
- Expertise in Financial Modeling, Sensitivity Analysis, and A/B Testing
- ETL tools & processes
- Comfortable with handling streaming data & proven experience in designing and implementing real-time data pipelines
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken)
- Specific Industry experience
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.
Thanks for exploring our careers! For your time and effort, use promo code CAREERS22 for 15% off full-price items in your cart. Some exclusions apply.