The technician is responsible for performing inspections, diagnosis, repairs, maintenance, and installations efficiently and according to the dealership’s quality, safety, and time standards. Primary objectives include ensuring customer satisfaction and retention by fixing units correctly on the first visit. This role may also be required to provide support to entry-level technicians on an as-needed basis
About the Role:
- Perform pre-delivery inspections, routine tire changes, basic maintenance, and minor accessory installations
- Maintain a “fix it right the first” time attitude while producing high-quality work with minimal comeback liability.
- Apply technical education while adopting best practices as outlined by the Service Manager and senior techs.
- Document work performed and recommended repairs on Repair Orders and checklists
- Maintain an opening and closing regimen of cleaning and maintaining shared stations, including but not limited to battery stations, tire stations, and the shop floor.
- Monitor shop supplies and consumables such as fuel, oil, coolant, grease, wheel weights, etc. and proactively notify the Service Manager before supplies are depleted.
- Maintain a clean and organized dealership lot
- Coordinate with Service Writer to stage jobs on deck for senior techs.
- Maintain minimum inventory of common tools to facilitate efficient and correct completion of assigned jobs.
- Tag and bag take off parts.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized service bay.
- Appropriately use all safety devices and personal protective equipment.
- Comply with all company safety programs, rules, regulations, procedures, and instructions that are applicable
- Other tasks as assigned by the Service Manager
- Assist other departments as needed at the direction of the Service Manager and General Manager
About You: (Entry Level Technician)
- 1-year experience as a technician/mechanic in an automotive or powersports service department
- All necessary tools required to perform repairs and services.
- Ability to test ride vehicles in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Hold a current, nonrestricted, state-issued driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement preferred but not mandatory.
- Virginia State Inspector preferred but not required
- Forklift experience preferred but not required
- Common sense and willingness to learn
- Ability to take and follow directions
- Strong adherence to scheduling and punctuality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- May be required to push and/or balance a 600 lb+ recreational vehicle
- The ability to spend the majority of the day on your feet
Working Conditions: The individual will potentially be exposed to:
- Battery acid
- Chemical cleaning materials or
- Other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle place of business.
- Smoke from grinding, exhaust, etc. as commonly found in automotive environments
- Temperature extremes; weather conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MotoSport.com is more than a powersports company. We are a gathering of power sports devotees who ride and wrench like there’s no tomorrow… just like our customers. Because we ‘re living the moto life, we make sure that we have the right parts and gear for you – whoever you are. But we wouldn’t be that different from the other guys if we just had a ton of stuff, would we? So we’ll do you one better: here at MotoSport.com we have a wealth of expert knowledge that comes from experience. That means our customers get the right parts and gear every time, and we go above and beyond to get it there in time. At the end of it all, we strive to make people (who aren’t that different from us) happy and satisfied… after all, we know what it’s like to be passionate about powersports, so who better to bring that enthusiasm to life than MotoSport?
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. MotoSport employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Check us out in action here: