If you are as passionate about the outdoors as you are about creating quality web-based experiences, this is an ideal opportunity for you.. The Backcountry product team consists of high performing individuals that tackle problems head on and own their solutions. Improving the experience for our customers is what drives us, while balancing the need to drive business results. To be successful as a member of this team one needs to be customer focused, passionate about building great products that solve real issues, analytical enough to determine when success has been achieved, and communicate well both successes and failures. We collaborate closely with multiple departments to build innovative, unique online experiences that our customers love.
About the Job:
- Responsible for understanding the customer through user testing and web analytics
- Contribute to defining, articulating, and communicating our product strategy
- Participate in setting targets for product scorecards and lead the effort to track and communicate scorecard results
- Produce and track product dashboards and KPIs that are aligned to the product strategy
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products and identify the highest-impact products to engage and retain customers
- Generate and present opportunity assessments/value statements to leadership group to drive alignment and buy-in
- Lead product team in discovery, design, implementation, and measurement of new product features
- Write user stories with detailed requirements and clear acceptance criteria
- Participate in backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives
- Create strong cross functional relationships
- Lead acceptance testing activities
- Passion for consumer Internet, customer advocacy and building amazing products
- Product management and/or product design experience with Internet products and technologies
- Ability to drive products from ideation to shipment
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces across multiple devices
- Exceptional analytical skills to support data driven decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional organization, communication and presentation skills
- BA/BS; Computer Science or other technical discipline a plus
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.