Merchandise Planning Intern - Summer 2022
**Applications open until December 3rd. We will start reviewing and reaching out to candidates in early December**
This position requires excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, problem solving, and the ability to work well alone and with a team. This role is diverse and dynamic. The Planning Intern works with the Allocation, Pricing and Planning Teams to gain a broad range of exposure while learning about the day to day operations of the multifaceted nature of planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Pricing Team workflows
- Execute & manage pricing changes
- Work with Merchants to confirm pricing action
- Support Allocation Team workflows
- Manage Initial & Replen orders to stores
- Work with cross functional partners on store assortments
- Deliver reports & analysis as needed
- Recap business performance, reviewing variance to plan and assess any deviations to current trend
- Forecast sales and inventory positions on a weekly/monthly/seasonal basis at the division, brand, product group, and style levels
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be a Junior or Senior standing in an undergraduate program
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships and communicate well with peers and cross-functional teams
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Clear, concise communication skills
- Able to perform under pressure, organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- A drive for results balanced with a passion for cultivating a healthy, motivating team culture
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep & Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn ski track laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.