Sr. Graphic Designer
POSITION TITLE: Graphic Designer
REPORTS TO: Design Director
LOCATION: Park City
The Designer is an opportunity to play a central role in an in-house creative team in the fast-paced, rapidly growing, eCommerce and retail space. You will be focused on a sizable opportunity to grow and establish one of the potentially industry-defining brands, working with the opportunity to further differentiate our more established brands, or define the direction of a new emerging brand. The role sits in our internal creative team that is responsible for our portfolio brands including Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist and our Owned Brand lines. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of brand projects, both digital and offline, and across multiple brands in the Backcountry portfolio. As a graphic designer you will play a key role in the ideation and creation of artwork for our products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Conceptualize and develop creative solutions for a diverse set of marketing and cross-functional campaigns, delivering against brand and financial goals
● Interpret the brand strategy into functional design systems and elements
● Align creative presentation with design intent
● Drive consistency in design treatments across campaigns, achieving alignment with brand standards and functions on purpose
● Follow design standards for templates, icons, type and selects
● Design for a broad range of media including print, digital, social and visual signage
● Contribute to discussions that create unique, differentiated, and compelling creative concepts, providing recommendations to the creative leadership team
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
● Critical, conceptual thinker with excellent attention to detail Academic background in graphic design, or related field; or 4+ years equivalent experience in a range of settings.
● A process oriented, communicative, and organized team mate with a need to continually improve oneself and the team.
● A strong online portfolio, exhibiting clean visual design sensibilities.
● Proficiency in Retail, Print, and the Adobe Suite - particularly in Photoshop, Indesign, Lightroom Classic, XD/Sketch/Figma. Experience in Premiere and After Effects is a plus.
● Take constructive feedback well and work collaboratively with a talented team of designers.
● Execute and produce modern principles of design within layout, typography, color and interaction.
● Ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment all with high level communication.
● Solid work ethic and desire to go above and beyond to get the job done.
● Willingness to do what’s necessary to contribute to the success of the Design team.
● A passion for designing in the outdoor industry.