Assistant Buyer, Powersports (Off Road Gear)
The Assistant Buyer role is the first level within the Merchandising Group and provides administrative and organizational support to the Buyer and Associate Buyer. This position is responsible for achieving and exceeding the financial goals of their segment(s) by executing on key tactical tasks to keep their segment operating smoothly and limit customer disruption.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- SKU Management: Ensures the highest level of SKU data integrity by working closely with vendors and executing system changes to reflect vendor data. Including, but not limited to, pricing, discontinued status, style names, season/year codes and MAP price breaks.
- Lifecycle Management: Updates SKU level data to reflect past, current and carry-forward season codes to ensure accuracy with pre-season buy periods
- Inventory Feeds: Frequently uploads vendor inventory files so we can maintain the highest level of accuracy with our SKU availability to customers
- PO Management: Creates Pre-Season, Forecast and Closeout Purchase Orders in NetSuite, and communicates Purchase Orders to vendors. Manages the follow-up and maintenance of these POs to ensure the highest level of accuracy between the MotoSport system and the Vendors' systems, including, but not limited to, pricing, ETA dates and cancellations
- Promotions: brainstorming/hind-sighting promo concepts and performance, identifying types of promos and building calendar with Buyer and Marketing, picking SKU’s/links and rules pages, reviewing and providing creative briefs, review, QA and approve functionality, review and react to performance, and identifying risks in promotional calendar and building back-ups
- Pricing: Sets pre-season pricing strategy, sets in-line/in-Season pricing (promo periods, price matching, promotional calendar management), manages end of season price-break dates, communicates all in-season and end of season price breaks to marketing team and is responsible for assignment to the promotional calendar, sets and monitor discount on all Closeout buys, frequently perform competitive analysis on products and makes price suggestions so MotoSport remains competitive
- Inventory Management: Works with the Buyer to secure closeout inventory, markdown slow/aged inventory, manage Return to Vendor inventory, and occasionally create suggested purchase orders for the Buyer
- Online Merchandising: reviews/optimizes PLP and Search pages with the Digital Merchandising team, boosting/sort order for responsible brands/categories/segments, review and recommend site taxonomy and facet changes, review and manage Bazaarvoice customer reviews
- Team Collaboration: Works closely with Planning/Purchasing departmental team to ensure all initiatives and goals are met, acts as the liaison between the merch-ops group and vendors
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years of relevant Industry Merchandising and/or Buying experience
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Willingness and ability to travel to as needed
- Ability to work consistently through repetitive tasks
- Firm understanding of Retail Math and Fundamentals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel is a must)
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize competing tasks/initiatives
- Experience working at a medium to large ecommerce company
- Powersports enthusiast
MotoSport.com is more than a powersports company. We are a gathering of power sports devotees who ride and wrench like there’s no tomorrow… just like our customers. Because we ‘re living the moto life, we make sure that we have the right parts and gear for you – whoever you are. But we wouldn’t be that different from the other guys if we just had a ton of stuff, would we? So we’ll do you one better: here at MotoSport.com we have a wealth of expert knowledge that comes from experience. That means our customers get the right parts and gear every time, and we go above and beyond to get it there in time. At the end of it all, we strive to make people (who aren’t that different from us) happy and satisfied… after all, we know what it’s like to be passionate about powersports, so who better to bring that enthusiasm to life than MotoSport?
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. MotoSport employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.