The Image Editor does the heavy lifting that is required to scale product image production for specialty retail sites backcountry.com and competitvecyclist.com. You’ll be tasked with navigating vendor’s media portals, gathering assets, and all post production for studio imagery.
About the Job:
- Complete tasks in the vendor image workflow
- Complete tasks in the studio editing workflow
- Produce imagery that meets production strict standards
- Maintain throughput and quality metrics that support company/department needs
- Promote teamwork, professional development, and company culture
- 1+ years experience editing commercial images
- S. Degree in Art, Graphic Design, Digital Photography, or similar
- Thorough understanding of image editing & Photoshop
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and maintain strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills–60% English proficiency
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.