Maintenance Specialist - Third Shift
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Specialist
REPORTS TO: Fulfillment Maintenance Manager
LOCATION: Utah Fulfillment Center
NOTE: This is an entry level maintenance position.
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain fulfillment and facility equipment according to safety and preventative maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Support Maintenance Team in monthly, quarterly, and preventative maintenance inspections on all mechanical equipment, including, but not limited to, automation equipment, conveyor system, cardboard baler, and industrial air compressors.
● Perform general maintenance and repair of building, facilities, equipment, and grounds
● Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical 24V DC to 480V AC systems, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment – ability to safely and efficiently use all applicable manual and power tools
● Respond to and provide emergency/unscheduled repairs to facility equipment
● Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
● Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
● Detect faulty operations, effective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
● Comply with lock out/tag out procedures
● Have basic knowledge and understanding of fire and burglar alarm systems
● Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
● Support and track maintenance schedules and issues
● Support, organize, and maintain spare parts inventory
● General cleaning throughout the warehouse and office areas
● Work directly with Director to facilitate safety and security initiatives
● Operate at heights with scissor lift, as well as operate forklift, pallet jack, and various manual and power tools
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Participate in LEAN initiatives
● Participate in company events
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
● High school diploma or equivalency and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and distribution center maintenance experience
● Entry level maintenance position
● Previous experience in a fulfillment center preferred
● 2+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills
● Basic knowledge of conveyor mechanic, plumbing, painting, appliance repair, and electrical troubleshooting
● Working knowledge of basic tools, materials and general building maintenance. ability to use those tools and equipment safely and efficiently
● Possess a valid state driver’s license
● Verbal and written comprehension of the English language required
● Basic math skills required
● Computer skills, including familiarity with the internet and email required
● Must be familiar with the standard safety practices and tools used in the general maintenance and repair of facility and distribution equipment
● Must be able to apply established procedures and follow oral/written instructions
● Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and organize/prioritize workload to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames
● Must be able to deal with the pressure of meeting production schedules
● Work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed to support business
● Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and vendors
● Must be willing to work outside in inclement weather
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Terms are defined as “Regularly”: 60 – 100%, “Frequently”: 30 – 60%, “Occasionally”: 10 – 30%, “Rarely”: 1 – 10%.
● Regularly use hearing/speech abilities to communicate with coworkers, give/receive instruction, listen for equipment malfunctions, etc.
● Regularly use sight abilities: depth perception, hand/eye/foot coordination, visual acuity in near-, mid-, and far-range vision.
● Regularly stand/walk on concrete floor
● Frequently climb up and down stairs and occasionally climb ladders
● Frequently bend/twist at waist/knees/neck
● Regularly use both hands/arms to reach/push/pull/lift
○ Constant: 10 – 30 lbs.
○ Occasional: 30 – 60 lbs.
○ Rarely: less than 10 lbs., or greater than 60 lbs.
● Work is predominantly performed indoors, and noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some work is required outdoors in varying weather conditions.