POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant
LOCATION: Park City, UT
The Senior Accountant will ensure the integrity and accuracy of our financial statements through activity analysis and account reconciliations. They will also prepare and consolidate balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, as needed for all of Backcountry’s brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering as well as analyzing information from the general ledger system
- Perform analytics to access and understand changes
- Oversee Staff Accountant(s) and review Journal Entries, Balance Sheet Reconciliations, & Variance Analysis
- Own & Manage key areas of the Balance Sheet/P&L being responsible for any variances in addition to future implications
- Maintain and balance consolidation system by inputting and verifying data
- Analyze information and options; develop reports
- Prepare general ledger entries, maintain records and files; reconcile accounts
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses; request disbursements; reconcile accounts
- Substantiate financial transactions; audit documents and prepare account roll-forwards
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Implement accounting procedures and internal controls by analyzing current practices; recommend improvements
- Answer accounting and financial questions through research and data analysis
- Identify, research, and explain variances between actual and forecasted performance
- Protect Backcountry’s value by keeping information confidential
- Keep abreast with accounting trends
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years accounting and/or auditing experience, preferably within the retail industry.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical Skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining accuracy of information and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and balance priorities
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite skills, with an emphasis on Excel
- Knowledge and familiarity of Oracle Netsuite is preferred.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.
Thanks for exploring our careers! For your time and effort, use promo code CAREERS22 for 15% off full-price items in your cart. Some exclusions apply.